Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Roxie's Fall Adventure with Halloween Displays

Since the sun was to be out today, we decided that today Roxie and I would go adventuring to find Halloween displays. But before we could go out, I had some people coming to trim the huge trees in the front and back. I had a company come out that was just fabulous, Lawn Ranger Landscaping & Tree Service. Jason and Erick was great.. They certainly knew their types of trees and what was needed to make them look good so if you ever need any trees trimmed, contact them. And they were very reasonable... Now enough of my endorsements.. LOL

They were finally done and we were ready for our adventure. As you may know, it's been quite cold and rainy. And Roxie does not like going out into the rain.. She is such a girl about getting wet and loosing her neatness and sleekness.. But the rain stopped and the sun was out today with a cold wind. A fine day to go looking for Halloween displays. Since this is Roxie's first Halloween, she wanted to see if people decorated for Halloween. But before we could go, Roxie felt a little chilly so we had to make sure that she was comfortable and did not catch a cold. So she wore her special scarf.


Doesn't she look spiffy with her Pink and White scarf...

Now she was ready for traveling, we headed out toward Royal Oak. The wind was quite cold as it blew up against us as we were speeding along, wind whipping our hair about. But the sun was out and it felt good. As we were going down Campbell road we could see that Fall was upon us now. Some of the trees had turned such a beautiful color, we just had to stop and take a picture. Roxie thought that this tree looked so beautiful shooting out from behind the house along with the red one in front.. Such a nice fall colored tree. But of course Roxie was thinking that maybe a touch of pink would really knock it out of the ball park.. So I tried to explain that pink just would not go with brilliant orange/red/yellow combination.



We continued down Campbell and turned on Lincoln heading for downtown Royal Oak. But as we were passing one of the streets, Roxie caught something out of the side of her eye. It perked her interest. Of course knowing Roxie this something had to do with either another bike or one of her men.. And low and behold, it was a bike. It was used as part of a Halloween display. I tell you that Roxie and her type of acquaintance's.. Roxie was once again, quite taken back with the bike and the ghoul that was riding it.. Sorta looked like the Beast from Beauty and the Beast TV show but riding a dirt bike.. So of course she just had to have her picture taken with the Bike and the Beast. But of course she had to take her scarf off since she wanted her full body to be shown to impress this beastly bike.



First the BMW and now an off road bike.. I don't know what she sees in these bikes..

We continued from there going up and down many streets looking for Halloween displays.. Interesting that there are not a lot out at this time. I wonder if it's because it's still a few weeks away or people are just not getting into Halloween this year. But as we traveled through out the streets of Royal Oak, we did find some. We came upon a variety of characters at this one display.. Black witchy cat, a Ghostly pumpkin, maybe Casper the Ghost and the pirate, Captain Sponge Bob Squarepants "yo ho me Hardy"... Well Roxie was so excited she just had to have her picture taken with all of them.



We continued through Royal Oak. The next one we found was off Eleven Mile. Spider webs with spiders.. quite scary... But Roxie was very brave and stood still for her picture with them. But once I had taken the picture, she was more then ready to leave.. I told her that they would not hurt her but she would not listen. She was ready for the feel of the wind in her face once more..




Since we had not found a lot of displays, I thought that there was a very good place to go to, a house over on Twelve Mile and Rochester. They always decorate extremely for Xmas, why not Halloween.. So Roxie and I started our ride toward Twelve Mile.. We went through downtown Royal Oak.. Then to Washington street.. As we turned and continued on Washington Street I noticed a bunch of birds.. Sparrows to be exact.. Figuring that they would just fly away as we approached I did not think twice.. But I should have.. So number one thing I learned today:

1. Approaching a bunch of birds on the ground is like when an airplane flys into birds. You can crash, no thank you, or as the engine goes out, the pilot is able to take control of the plane and land safely.. Well when we were peddling through, the birds did not take off as I thought until we were just about upon them and then they were all over the place. Flying away and toward Roxie and I.. It was like a bat attack. So trying to stay on the bike and not crash, Roxie and I kept our cool and took some good maneuvering.. So now I will be very cautious when approaching these so called "little birds".. They are sneaky and you have to watch out.. Roxie and I think they wait for you and they know you are thinking "oh they will fly away, I don't need to worry".. But you do.. They lay in waiting for the right time and then they fly up in your face and cause havic.. So be very careful with those sparrows.. They're small, but deadly..

We both got under control along with our composure, thank goodness no one was watching, and continued toward Twelve Mile.. But we continued and continued and I thought OMG, are we ever going to get there.. It did not seem that long of a ride.

So here is where lesson two comes into play:

2. Lesson two is,when you're in a car and going to let's say Twelve Mile, it seems very simple and quick.. Going by bike is another story.. OMG, it takes forever to get there.. And you pay for it that night... I can feel it in my legs tonight.. "Advil please"

But when we FINALLY got there, it was a disappointment.. I had figured that Roxie was going to be excited with all the displays.. But, nothing.. Not even one Witch or Pumpkin was there.. So Roxie and myself was disappointed since we had road the distance.. We pulled ourselves together and turned up Twelve Mile to Rochester and since it was such a long way, we figured that we would stop for a drink. So low and behold, one of my favorite fast foods.. Burger King.. YEAH!! I'm sure that for some of you that know me, I should have owned stock in BK since I have supported them for some time now. Anyway, Roxie and I rolled up to the drive thru to order.


"A large diet coke please".. "I'm sorry we can not serve you since we do not serve walk ups and unfortunately you are considered walk ups."

So Roxie was put out a little but understood. I had to go inside to get a coke. Oh well, I guess I should have bought stock then I could have said we are stock holders and should be served.. Oh well..

After our run in with the famous BK Drive Thru, we continued toward home.. As we approached our street, Roxie was very glad to get home and yet a little disappointed that there were not a lot of displays for Halloween. But that will not stop us on our continued adventures to see if we can find any more Halloween displays.. If anyone knows of any, we would appreciate your input so that Roxie can go and see the displays..

But until our next adventure, Roxie and I hope that you have enjoyed today's small and uneventful day.. Until the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment