Friday, September 11, 2009

It's been a few days since I started this adventure.. Okay more than a few days.. And believe me Roxie was not happy about it.. I could tell because every time I drove into the garage, my headlights would hit her behind bumper and it would flash back into my eyes very sharply... I knew that she was saying, "Take that, you promiser to take me on adventures...". So today after my walk/run, that is another story, I decided to get back up on the saddle, so to say.. So today we had another adventure..

As I was riding Roxie today, I have learned three lessons.

1. Squirrels still do not understand that when a car or a bike is coming down the street, do not try to cross or if in the middle of crossing, DO NOT STOP and figure out which way to run...
2. Even if you get lost in looking at houses or the area you are riding down, pay attention to on coming cars and stay to the side of the road. And I was on the correct side of the road just too busy looking around.. Bad me..
3. Wear shorts that are not too loose but tight enough not to crouch up in the middle when riding.. I won't go into details on this one, only it's very uncomfortable after a while on the bottom of the touche and the seat..

But as we were riding, it was interesting to see people and houses. I found one house that they will never have to mow their front yard. They had every inch of it covered with cement statues and white stones.. They had a little bathtub made out of cement that held, well it looked like dirt with grass and moss growing.. Hmmm, they just may have to trim that one. They had all sizes of objects there.. I wonder what the back yard looked like. Oh well everyone to their own. Me, I love taking care of my lawn and flowers..

Then came the big moment... The adventure got more exciting... We decided to cross over Campbell road.. My big moment of can I do it or can't I, was I able to ride across or would I have to walk it across.. I came to a stop, my hands were sweating, I looked to the left, cars and trucks coming, I looked to the right, the light some ways down was red and no cars coming from the other side.. Could I get across after the truck and two cars passed before the other on coming traffic got the green light... Here they came, I was ready and had my foot on the peddle to push me away when the street I was going to ride into, a car came to a stop waiting for traffic to clear.. Darn it, this is not going to be easy.. another element was in my way.. So I got myself ready again, I could do this.. so the truck and the car passed, the light turned green, I took off, the other car decided to turn away from me, I was in the clear to go over Campbell and turn down the street.. YEAH!! I made it.. But as I was crossing, there was a truck that passed and gave me and Roxie a "wolf" call.. yeah baby.. those legs are what's looking good.. or maybe it was the tush... hmmmm, have to think about that..

But as we were traveling up and down the streets across Campbell, like Irving and such, we saw a park we did not know was there that had a tennis court, basketball court and a baseball diamond. As I traveled further down, I saw another baseball diamond and was sort of sad. All the grass had grown up and it looked like no one had used it during the summer and no one was keeping it up. But then as I turned the corner I saw where new development of homes were being created.. So I figured it was sold to build homes which I doubt will materialize due to the economy... Oh well.. We continued our trip down each street and it was interesting to see someone that had put their car up on ramps to change their oil.. Now when was the last time you saw someone doing that.. I have not seen that for many a year.. Maybe the economy is bring things back.. who knows..

We continued the nice ride and as I looked at the time I decided I had to get back. It was late and getting close to General Hospital time.. I had to get back because it's "Something wicked comes this way" week.. Okay, so I'm stuck on the soap operas.. But only GH... I think it would be nice to have a part for a Pink bike.. Roxie could try out for it and can you imagine having the town mobster, Sonny C riding it.. oh wait no, it would be his wife, Claudia, the mob mall that is trying to get even with just about everyone except her brother.. OMG.. I am really stuck on this.. Sorry.. that's another story also..

Any way, that was the adventure of Roxie and me for today... We will see if Roxie and I go out tomorrow, I've got a 5K walk/run in the morning to do to benefit mental health education.. So maybe in the afternoon if I'm not too dead or hurting from that one..

Enjoy your day...

1 comment:

  1. I was beginning to wonder if Roxie was put away for the year :) Glad to see she got you out and about. Keep the stories coming!!!

    ReplyDelete