Friday, September 25, 2009

Roxie and Washington Street and Her Men

Today was the perfect Roxie adventure day.. Not too hot and not too cold.. Just right.. Wow, now doesn't that sound like Goldilocks talking.. LOL.. Any way it was a georgous day.. And I just knew that Roxie was getting impatient to get out and feel the wind and sun on her sleek body.. So as we rode out of the driveway, we decided that it was a Washington Street adventure.. But little did we know that she would meet quite the men along the way.. My what the universe has in store for you and you not knowing it..

So as we were peddling down Lincoln towards Washington, Troy Street came up and for some reason it held a calling for us.. "Roxie, come down Troy Street, there is an adventure waiting to happen for you.." So we turned to our right and headed down. Well come to find out, the adventure for Roxies was sitting out on the street. A HUGE RED firetruck.. Little did we know that Troy Street had summoned her down to experience the Fire Departmant of Royal Oak.. So of course we could not let this great opportunity pass us up. Roxie was a little shy but was able to get her close to the big engine.


Once I got her to stand there and pose, all of a sudden a new Roxie came into view.. She wanted more.. More of the big engines.. So we proceeded across to the street from the first engien to the Fire House. ALL of the beautiful Red Huge engiens were there.. Waiting for that call.. Always ready to go out and save..

Roxie decided she needed her picture taken in front of the fire house with another engine.. That Roxie, she was just not satisfied with one.



And then, the excitement mounted because two Firement were coming around one of the engines.. Oh excitement was in the air.. We were going to meet to real firemen.. Not the ones that come to bachlorett parties.. (Oh wait, where did that come from.) Sorry too much excitement I guess.. But two Firemen came around from the engine and of course they were taken back by the fine Miss Roxie.. So we were able to get a pictue of them with Roxie..


Well let me tell you, it took me a little while to pull her away.. But as we were going she noticed a little engine that was sort of the same color as her so we just had to have a picture of her and it together.. But as you can see it was a fire engine mailbox for the fire house.. It was cute..


So I was finally able to pull her away from there to continue on our adventures to Washington Street. So back down Troy towared Lincoln. We continued down Lincoln and rode over Main street at the light. We came upon Oakland Community College.. People were going to class and a few were leaving and then a few were sitting enjoying the nice day of sun. As we proceeded down Washington street we stopped at this kids store, called Love Child. Now I had to stop because of the hat one of the manaquins were wearing.. I laugh every time I pass that store.. So hopefully you can make out the hat from the picture below..



Then we continued our journey down Washington street. We stopped at this one place that since Roxie knew that she would never be able to go downtown Detroit for a special picture with the Detroit Tigers, she felt that this was the closes she would come to them.. So those Detroit Tiger fans, this one is for you from Roxie..

Across the street was Pronto resturant.. People sitting out having lunch. Oh I had the best salad there just last Wednesday. Chopped Salad.. try it if you ever get to go there and OMG the desert was great.. Randy, my buddy met me there and we both had the salads and since of course it was salad, we figured that desert was justified. So we had Oreo cheese cake.. OH MY.. Every bite was so heavenly and rich.. Well of course we could not finish our pieces and of courese we hade seperate pieces.. This was cheescake.. Again, OH MY!!!! But I digress.. back to the adventure with Roxie since she does expect this to be about her adventure..

So we continued down the street and I thought this was so cute.. a little coffee shop had this outside of their store for those dog walkers..

So any one with a dog or dogs and walking them in Royal Oak, take notice that they do leave water out for those doggies.. I think this is great...

So on with our adventure on Washington street.. Another place that I just knew that Roxie had to have a picture taken with is at the Sole Sister shoe store.. Now I do know a few out there that "loves" shoes.. (Tara) So when we got there, she was so excited with the store.. Especially the boots..

Well as we had passed so many nice stores and resturants like Lilly's Resturant, or the new Crepe resturant, it was time for us to start home. We did go up to Eleven Mile to see two shops that had caught my eye. One is a bridal shop, imagine that. And the other is another shoe store.. The "Stileto Fetish" shop.. oh yes... stileto's.


Then as we turned down a side street by the Post Office to start our journey home when all of a sudden Roxie pulled to the left very quickly.. It seemed that she had fallen for this high society expensive snob of a bike.. A BMW at that.. So of course she wanted her picture taken with it.. I tried to explain that this bike would just break her heart but she would not hear me so I took her picture.. It seems that you just can't tell someone anything when they become infatuated with a rich nice looking bike.


So I got her away from that romeo and just got further down the road when she started to rebel. So she turned tot he left and crossed the street to this shop..

What can I say.. she just had to have her picture taken.. And as I was walking back to get back on her, this gentlemen was walking toward me and I hope that he had just finished eating because he was rubbing his stomach as he approached me. He stopped looked at Roxie, smiled at me and said, "Hey, nice bike!" I tell you she just draws everyone to her.. I smiled back, and introduced him, "Oh thank you, this is Roxie.." He smiled again and continued his walk to the other side of the street. Of course I crossed also but went the oposite way, just in case he was thinking that he could possible persuade Roxie to go with him.. Never can tell..

So now was the time to get back home. We went to Troy street, and turnded down. This seems to be her favorite street now.. I think it has to do with the Firemen again.. But before we got to Lincoln street we saw another truck by the power plant. So as we were going by, inside were two Detroit Edison workers.. Well let me tell you, Roxie again with her sleek lines and cute pink, called out to those guys.. She just had to have a picture with one of them.. Of course they argued back and forth as to who was going to pose with Roxie.. No they did not want both, only one. So finally the decision was made. And here is Roxie with the Detroit Edison man..


So we finally were able to continue our way back home without any stops.. But we did take some side streets just to enjoy the sun and the wind. Things were just so nice but could tell that fall is coming and coming very fast. The pumpkins are already out for Halloween, decorations for Halloween is being put out with lights and scarecrows and ghosts.. It will be upon us soon and Roxie does not know what she wants to be.. But then that will be another story.. But as we continued, the wind picked up and the leaves started blowing around and falling from the trees.. Everything was so peaceful and quiet and just a nice fall sunny day.

So we made it home and Roxie again has been put back into the garage waiting for another adventure. So enjoy today and until the next adventure...

4 comments:

  1. Dang, why didn't I have my bike ready today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. First the police, then firemen. I'm thinking there's a checklist to include Construction, Cable, etc... Only Judy. Love your shoe loving friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blog! Keep it up!
    (from Laurie's Mom!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pics w/ the people (I can only imagine what they are thinking :) I hope you make business style cards for your blog soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete