Sunday, September 6, 2009

The maiden Voyage with Roxie

I took Roxie out for her maiden voyage on Thursday. I was so proud. I turned down my street and started peddling.. and boy was I peddling fast.. I looked down to the right hand handle bar and noticed that I could change the speed of my peddling.. Wow you can tell I was so excited to get started I didn't read my instructions.. Oh boy this reminds me of some men and directions.. Sorry.. but then all of a sudden I heard a clanking as I peddled. Oh no, now what have I done.. So I turned around and rode back. When I rode up my driveway I stopped and tried to figure out what I had done wrong.. Well I found that the guard around the chain was too close and it was clanging against it.. Once fixed, by pulling it out some, we were on our way again.. And I changed my peddle motion speed.. Wow this felt so much better, slower peddling and I could enjoy the view.. The wind blowing through my pony tail felt so good since I had just gotten back from my run/walk.

I decided to first verify that I could ride again without falling down or causing much trouble with a car or a pedestrian. As I was traveling up and down each street in my neighborhood I was watching the houses and how they decorated the outside and also being aware of each stop sign and who had the right of way..

I turned down one street and there was a young girl walking down the street talking on her cell phone and having a good conversation.. she looked over and I just smiled and nodded.. I went all the way down to Campell and here was my big test. Could I get onto the sidewalk without falling to turn the corner to go to the next street. Well low and behold, ta da... I did it.. no problem..

So as I was on the sidewalk going toward the next street down, two motorcycle cops came by and I stopped and motioned a race.. Hey I will race you two for your "Pink" slips.. Knowing that I could take them easily, I was not afraid.. But unfortunately they were not paying attention to me or was trying to ignore me because they just continued down the street. And I think I saw a little snicker on one of their faces.. Imagine that..

So after that I continued on my journey. I went up the next street and I'll be darned.. That young girl was on the next street walking and still talking.. There was a street in between so she was able to turn and go over to the next street. So she looked up and just started laughing.. of course it was with me.. but as I continued going up the street I found many people off, probably getting ready for the long weekend.

I have decided that Roxie needs a pink horn. This was decided upon when I passed this one house and this REALLY good looking guy was walking out to his BMW. Now I know that if I had my pink horn on Roxie, that I could have beeped and he would have noticed how great I looked on Roxie and would be very impressed. He would been so attracted to me, my sculptured legs from peddling and my firm baby got back posterior.. But since there was no horn, I had to keep peddling..

I was out for about 45 mins going up and down the neighborhood, waving to people when they looked at me or smiled.. It was time for Roxie and I to go back to the house and complete our maiden voyage. So I turned toward our street. As I was coming back down the street many of my neighbors were still out working on their yards. They looked up and I very proudly waved, or nodded like a pro bike rider.. Yes, I was cool looking on Roxie..

I turned into the driveway and peddled toward the garage to park her. I stopped and as I was throwing my leg in front of me to dismount, acting like the lady I should be. I was thinking how great of a time I had had on the maiden voyage with Roxie. I put the kick stand down, parked her and started to walk away and then it hit me.. That firm "baby got back" rump was in pain.. And the muscles in my thighs were yelling at me.. What the heck did you do to us..

So as I was limping into the house, all I could think about was, "Where did I put that Aleve".... So the maiden voyage was great and adventurous but the ramifications of going out to long and not using the right speed for pumping was going to haunt me for the afternoon..

But I did not care.. I had fun, the sun was out, I met new people and I got to see the neighborhood. So I can't wait until my next adventure with Roxie.. Until then....

1 comment:

  1. Judy, this is great and I can view it from work!!! Keep the Roxie stories coming. I can't wait for your next installment :) Lisa L

    ReplyDelete