Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Roxie and Red Dawn 2

Today started out with a flurry of emails and then TV announcements about the filming of Red Dawn 2 in Royal Oak.. Yes, at Rochester between 12 Mile and 13 Mile it was happening.. The invasion was going to take place in our own backyard.. Oh how exciting.. It was time for Roxie to investigate and possibly draw the eye of one of the directors.. I knew that if only they would see her she would catch their eye with that sleek look of hers... Why not go and see if we could get in to see the shooting and to turn a few heads, so to say..

So as we turned onto Rochester from 12 Mile the huge road sign said, Road Blocked - No thru exit.. We continued.. I could see that this was not going to be easy.. We passed Walgreens, then the credit union and then the Church..

Now the church was being used for trailers, for extras and equipment and water and the food tent. That was interesting.. But as we got closer we could see that cars were being turned away and having to come back out. We got closer we approached a gentlemen that was walking. He was kindly looking man so we stopped to ask, "Are you coming from the shoot?" He informed us that you could only get to the next barricade and then they would stop you.. He said, "there's a bunch of Chinese guys down there.. Wasn't Red Dawn 1 with the Russians?" Well of course it was.. this is Red Dawn 2 and didn't think it would be different.. So after a few more exchanged words, Roxie and I took off to see what we could get into, oh I mean what we could see..

We approached the next block and one driveway away a man steps out and said you can't go any further.. I've had to stand up the driveway when they were shooting because they can see down here.. So as I turned to look, there was the enemy... Oh I mean the movie extras.. Sorry was getting caught up in the mood..

They had military vehicles in a V shape but right before them, well hidden was the great Royal Oak Police car. Keeping watch to make sure that all vehicles did not come down and turned around, not to mention pedestrians. Hmmmm, did that mean I could not go any further.. So I inched my way toward them and stopped. Everyone was sitting around so it was a good time to be there. So as I got off Roxie, she felt that she wanted her picture taken.. I tell you she was going ga ga over being this close to a movie...




So I took the picture but then thought why not talk to the kind policeman. So I walked over and said my "Hi, how are you, Do you have to sit here all day? How do you like doing that.. But it is good for the city.." Oh yes, and he was good looking.. yeah baby.. That policeman could take me away any time.. Oh wait this is about the movie, sorry... So then I stepped behind the car and took some more pictures.




I went back to Roxie and the man in driveway came down closer since we had adventured further.. so I asked him to take a picture of Roxie and I..



We continued to stand there and watch to see if any action was going to take place.. Two guys came by on bikes and told us that they were down in the park where they were filming but was waved off.. They saw the truck crash into a fake wall and the explosions.. But they said they kept people away from seeing what was going on. We tried to figure out a route around so that we could see what was going on but each was was blocked.. We had failed.. So I came back to the start.

So here are some pictures that I took while we stood and waited..



Then one of the extras started walking toward Roxie and I.. I just knew that Roxie's personality had finally shown through and he must be over whelmed with the site of her.. So as he approached, I asked the driveway bush man if he would take another picture of Roxie, Me and the Extra.. So as the extra approached I could tell he was eyeing Roxie.. That flirt in her took over.. I could tell.. So I asked him if we could take a picture of him with us. Well he of course he said yes.. How could he turn down such a good lookin Roxie... So as he stood next to us, I put my arm around him and could feel the cold hard weapon he had on his back.. OMG, he has a rifle on his back.. Hmmm didn't think about that one.. But he smiled and I knew he wanted to stroke Roxie but I kept an eye out for that.. She was not going to be one of those director sofa extras..


So once the picture was taken, I asked him of course a dumb question... "hey do you get killed in this scene?" He said, "No not in this one but later on I will be killed." Then I asked, "Hey the first one was with Russians, what happened to the Russians? Isn't this a remake of it?" He told me that the Russians were coming in later.. So he smiled and said bye.. I could tell that Roxie was still excited.. So we stayed a little while longer and then decided it was time to travel back home.

So today was an exciting trip for Roxie and I. No close ups for Roxie or no offers from Red Dawn 2, just some looks.. But they had helicopters flying around taking pictures.. You never know if one of them had spotted Roxie and her sleek form and had taken pictures.. We will wait and see if she gets any calls.. And I will wait and see if I can see that policeman any where in Royal Oak.. Oh yeah..

So until the next adventure with Roxie, have a good one..

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you and Roxie had a great day. Thanks for posting the fun pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please keep us posted if you and Roxie run into Mr. Policeman again! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete